In this policy, Triton is also referred to wit the words “we”, “us” and “our”.
At Triton we are committed to our client’s privacy and security. All our client files are held or disposed of securely. We will never pass on your personal details to a third party except the necessary information required by providers of products or services you have purchased. This commitment is backed up by the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and the requirements of The Health Information Privacy Code which provides strict parameters in how your personal information can be used.
As a client, you have the right to access and update your personal information. To do so please contact us by phone 0800 45 45 42 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have provided Triton Hearing with your email address, relevant offers or information may be emailed to you. You are able to opt out of receiving marketing emails by selecting unsubscribe on the email you have received. This will opt you out of emails with offers, but not any clinic correspondence such as appointment confirmations.
www.tritonhearing.co.nz is operated by Triton Hearing Limited. We respect the privacy of our website users and are committed to protecting your security and privacy.
Collection of Your Information
We collect information about you through our websites in an effort to improve your shopping experience, as well as communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We release account and other personal information only when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Triton Hearing, our users, or others.
As a Triton client we may need to disclose some of your information to third parties if it is necessary for the following organisations: ACC, Ministry of Health, War Pensions and insurance companies.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed for the following reasons:
- To our cliniicans for the diagnosis and ongoing treatment of Your hearing loss
- To our clinic administrators to ensure that you are receiving appropriate hearing healthcare appointments
- To our client contact team to ensure that your telephone enquirycan be dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner
- To our management team in the event of a complaint or for statistical analysis purposes
- Third party service providers; specifically when your personal information is required to access funding or for the approval of your insurance claim
- To hearing aid manufacturers (Your name only) in the event Your hearing aid(s) require repair
Information collected by us may be shared anonymously for the following reasons:
- Third party software and IT infrastructure organisations for the development of our IT systems and processes
- Government funding bodies for the purposes of statistical analysis
- Universities and registered research organisations for the improvement of hearing healthcare treatment
Types of Information Collected from our Website and Battery App
We may collect personal information from you (including, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number, and postal address) when you register with our website or battery app, place an online or app order, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a promotion. We receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and any search engine or inbound hyperlink used to reach this website. This information is used only for statistical purposes and in regards to how we may enhance the customer experience.
Our website uses "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to shop on our website and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing and shopping experience. Cookies may be used to personalise your visits to this website, eliminate the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, enable us to improve the content, reliability and functionality of this website, evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising on this website and track website usage patterns. Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. Although you may configure your web browser to not accept cookies, you may experience a loss of functionality as a result.
How we use Your Information
We may use your collected information from our website or app in the following ways
- To process and fulfil your order, including sending emails to confirm your order status and shipment, along with customary business communications
- To verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten your username or password
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail or other means about our products, services and promotions, where you agree to receive such information.
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences and personalise this website in accordance with your preferences.
- To analyse trends and statistics.
- To improve or update this website and our products / services.
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business.
- To respond to your enquiries and communicate with you if necessary.
You always have the choice not to receive marketing and promotional information. It is our policy to remove any member from our database or mailing list upon the members’ request. Please contact us if you wish to opt out of receiving communications from Triton Hearing Limited.
Website and Credit Card Security
We take website and credit card security extremely seriously, and always endeavour to provide a secure safe platform on which to conduct online transactions. http://www.tritonhearing.co.nz/ uses the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts your information as it is transmitted over the internet. This encryption scrambles details such as credit card number, billing details and delivery address so that generally, other computers are unable to decipher the information, ensuring privacy and security. To make sure you are accessing a secure server, check for the unbroken key or closed lock symbol located generally either at the bottom left or top right of your browser window. If it appears, then SSL is active. You can double check this by looking at the URL as well. If SSL is active, then the first characters of that line will read ‘https’ rather than just ‘http’. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Ensure you logout when you have finished visiting http://www.tritonhearing.co.nz/, especially if you access http://www.tritonhearing.co.nz/ from a shared computer.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third party web sites, you will be subject to the third party's privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, Triton Hearing cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party web sites.
Scope of this policy
This policy explains how Triton handles the personal information we collect from you (“You”) through the Hearing Caddy portal, accessible from www.hearingcaddy.co.nz (“Hearing Caddy Portal”), and the Hearing Caddy mobile application (“Hearing Caddy App”) together, the “Services”).
Personal information we collect
We collect the personal information that You provide to us when You register for the Services and when You use features of the Services. That information includes your name, contact information, appointment requests, feedback, diary entries, as well as the questions that You ask us.
We may also use web analytics tools to measure your usage of the Services.
When you ‘refer a friend’ to us through the Services you are confirming to us that they authorise you to give us their personal information and consent to us contacting them by email.
Our purposes for collection
We collect personal information for the purposes of:
- Providing You with hearing aid support facilities and features through the Services
- Managing our relationship with You (including by assisting us to provide You with comprehensive treatment)
- Helping us to better understand common problems and trends in relation to hearing aid use
- Communicating with you about our products and services
- Improving our product and service offerings
- Undertaking statistical analyses.
Consequences of not providing us information
If You do not provide us with certain information we may not be able to provide you with access to the Services, or certain features of the Services may not be available to You.
Your rights of access to and correction of information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about You and to request correction of that information. To do so, please email this address email@example.com
0800 45 45 44 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Published October 1st 2015