Sadly, once the damage is done, it is irreversible.
But the good news is that Noise-induced Hearing Loss is preventable.
Here are some things you can do to help prevent Noise-induced Hearing Loss:
- Be aware of which noises can cause damage. Generally those above 85 decibels.
- Wear earplugs when operating noisy machinery or involved in other loud activities.
- Move away from loud noises if you can’t reduce them.
- Protect the hearing of children.
- Spread the word to protect the safety of family, loved ones and others nearby when at noisy events.
- Get your hearing tested by an audio specialist as soon as possible if you suspect you may be suffering hearing loss.
Your hearing is precious and should be protected and maintained by every means possible. If should avoid doing unnecessary damage if you can.