At Triton we are committed to our client’s privacy and security. All our client files are held or disposed of securely. We will never pass on your personal details to a third party except the necessary information required by providers of products or services you have purchased. This commitment is backed up by the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and the requirements of The Health Information Privacy Code which provides strict parameters in how your personal information can be used. As a client, you have the right to access and update your personal information. To do so please contact us by phone 0800 45 45 43 or email email@example.com
Email & Phone
If you have provided Triton Hearing with your email address or phone number, we may contact you with relevant offers or information. You are able to opt out of receiving marketing emails by selecting unsubscribe on the email you have received or with a Triton Hearing representative over the phone. This will opt you out of emails and calls with offers, but not any clinic correspondence such as appointment confirmations.
Sonova Audiological Care New Zealand Ltd or Triton operates a number of websites and Apps including: www.tritonhearing.co.nz; www.tritonlyric.co.nz, www.tritonstories.co.nz, www.greatbighearingcheck.co.nz, www.tritonhearingbatteries.com, www.testmyhearing.co.nz and the Triton Hearing Kiosk self screen test and other promotional websites from time to time. We respect the privacy of our website users and are committed to protecting your security and privacy.
Collection of your information
We collect information about you through our websites, apps and in person in an effort to improve your experience, as well as communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
We release account and other personal information only when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Triton, our users, or others.
As a Triton Hearing client we may need to disclose some of your information to third parties if it is necessary for the following organisations: ACC, Ministry of Health, War Pensions and insurance companies.
We may share your data with third parties who provide services on our behalf including credit card payments, who are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your data in line with our policies. We permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We do not allow them to use your data for their own purposes. 'Pay As You Hear' credit card transactions are processed through 3rd party payment software called Recurly. Recurly is PCI-DSS Level 1 compliant as a merchant service provider which meets and exceeds all industry-standard payment security practices. 3rd party Shopify manage our online shop and purchases via www.tritonhearingbatteries.com. Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant, this compliance extends by default to all stores powered by Shopify.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed for the following reasons:
- To our clinicians for the diagnosis and ongoing treatment of your hearing loss
- To our clinic administrators to ensure that you are receiving appropriate hearing healthcare appointments
- To our client contact team to book appointments and to ensure that your telephone enquiry can be dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner
- To our management team in the event of a complaint or for statistical analysis purposes
- Third party service providers; specifically when your personal information is required to access funding or for the approval of your insurance claim or for ongoing hearing aid payments.
- To hearing aid manufacturers (your name only) in the event your hearing aid(s) require repair
Information collected by us may be shared anonymously for the following reasons:
- Third party software and IT infrastructure organisations for the development of our IT systems and processes
- Government funding bodies for the purposes of statistical analysis
- Universities and registered research organisations for the improvement of hearing healthcare treatment
Types of information collected from our websites
We may collect personal information from you (including, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number, and postal address) when you register with our websites, complete an hearing test online or via our hearing screening app, place an online order, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a promotion.
We receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and any search engine or inbound hyperlink used to reach this website. This information is used only for statistical purposes and in regards to how we may enhance the customer experience.
How we use your information
We may use your collected information from our websites in the following ways
- To process and fulfil your order, including sending emails to confirm your order status and shipment, along with customary business communications
- To verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten your username or password
- To communicate with you and to send you information by phone, email, postal mail or other means about our products, services and promotions, where you agree to receive such information.
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences and personalise the website in accordance with your preferences.
- To analyse trends and statistics.
- To improve or update the website and our products / services.
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business.
- To respond to your enquiries and communicate with you if necessary.
You always have the choice not to receive marketing and promotional information. It is our policy to remove any member from our database or mailing list upon the members’ request. Please contact us if you wish to opt out of receiving communications from Sonova Audiological Care New Zealand Ltd.
Linking to third-party websites
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third party web sites, you will be subject to the third party's privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, Triton Hearing cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party web sites.
Your rights of access to and correction of information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about You and to request correction of that information. To do so, please email this address firstname.lastname@example.org
0800 45 45 43 or email@example.com